Friday, March 25, 2022

Servant of the People

 I discovered yesterday the there is one season of a 2015 TV series on Netflix where the protagonist is President Volodymyr Zelensky of the Ukraine.  The series is "Servant of the People".  I have only seen part of one episode since you have to read subtitles because it is in Ukrainian.  Still, what I have seen was indeed pretty good, especially when the main character, Vasily Petrovich, a high school history teacher, suddenly and quite unexpectedly becomes President of the Ukraine.  This appears to have happened because of a video recording of him ranting about how bad everyone in government really is these days.

I was talking with my wife about this and showed her some of it and then something occurred to me.  Putin's worst nightmare would be that Russia and Ukraine would actually become united as one country, but Zelensky would be named its President and Putin would be alive to see it happen!

 I intend to watch the series (23 episodes) when I have time to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment